Monday, August 7, 2017

Made: Safety pinned drag t-shirt bag

I have always loved drag queens and drag kings and anyone else who fabulously blends genders for either entertainment, an expression of themselves, or lifestyle choices.  I love the fact that RuPaul's Drag Race has made queens even more mainstream and, it seems, accepted.  Other than the first season, I have seen every season multiple times and I can get lost for hours watching the YouTubes for anything drag (queen or king) related.  I think my spirit animal is a drag queen

I would be hard-pressed to pick just one favorite but Jinks Monsoon, Sharon Needles, Alaska, Latrice Royale and Katya Zamolodchikova are always at the top of my top 10.

I was SO happy when Hot Topic started carrying plus-sized t-shirts with drag queens on them!  Most drag merch stops at a 3X which is too small for this celestial body.


Source: Hot Topic

Sadly, even their largest shirt was too small for me. :(

Actually, it was a blessing in disguise since I don't really wear graphic Ts so I just cut it apart and did the easiest DIY: I just safety pinned it to a black tote bag I got free from an event.  Not original or overly creative but at least I will get more use out of it.  This is also where I got the t-shirt hem I've been wearing wrapped around my wrist lately. :)

Front
Back
Close up of pins in her crown

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry the shirt didn't fit but happy that you found a cool alternative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Gotta love quick fixes in cases like this. :)

    ReplyDelete