Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wore: Fancy Dancing Lady

Some days, in my head, I am a fancy lady.  I'm really not and the pics prove it but I like it when I feel fancy.  This dress does that for me.

Dress: SWAK Designs
Bracelet: Wish
Necklace: made by me

It's floor length, hugs the boobages nicely, and flows nicely over the rest of me.  It doesn't cling, either.  The downside is that the fabric doesn't breathe well which kinda sucks in this Atlanta heat.  I'm an indoor kitty that just moves from A/C to A/C anyway, though, so I make do.

I kinda needed the pick-me-up this week.  My right knee started hurting and has been getting worse so I went to urgent care after it kept me up all night; the doctor there just told me it's an arthritis flare up.  I was told in my mid-20's that I had arthritis in my knees and ankles (due to so many injuries from being clumsy) but it's never been this bad.  So I am icing it and taking over the counter pain killers and avoiding foods that cause inflammation.  It's a little better but I still can't walk well without a noticeable limp.

The worst part of the whole thing, though, was the doctor's attitude.  She seemed SO BORED while talking with me, like I was wasting her time.  Her "exam" consisted of poking my knee twice with her index finger then sending me for x-rays.

After her diagnosis she said,  "You are also so..." then puffs out her cheeks and puts her arms & hands out from her sides about a foot "...you have a lot of excess weight which will make your knees worse."

Yep, the doctor mimed to me how fat I am.

I laughed.  Hard.  I have no idea what she said after that.

It's no secret to anyone that I am a big girl.  I don't attempt to hide it and I don't apologize for it.  I love me no matter what size I am and don't let the scale dictate how happy I am.  Sure, I could stand to lose a bunch of weight for health reasons but I am who I am.  I just thought that was extremely unprofessional, though, and the old me from 10+ years ago would have been devastated.

So, topic change: my necklace.  :)  This is one of my fancy lady necklaces that I only wear on special occasions.


I made it myself to wear when I was the matron of honor at my sister's wedding in 2011.  I made it to coordinate with the one I made for HER:


I don't have a picture of it but I also made our mom one that she wore that was a straight strand of beads with just the skully cameo.  I wish I had a picture of my sister's dress on my phone that I could share.  It was a strapless white dress with a black sash tied around the waist and she wore a long sleeve black shrug over it.  It was a good combo of the traditional white that she wanted to wear with her gothy/punky aesthetic.

I am 7 years older than her and when I was 18, I went off to college so she was more-or-less an only child from age 11 and on.  I didn't start embracing my darker side until later in life and it's funny how she and I have turned out to have A LOT of the same tastes.  Unfortunately for me, she is still in Minnesota where we grew up so I don't get to see her (or the rest of family) nearly often enough.

We also ended up going through our separations and subsequent divorces at around the same time which we both thought was interesting.

Do you wear anything specific if you need a mood booster?



12 comments:

  1. I tend to go for high heels. I always feel feminine and pretty when wearing them. That is a nice necklace. I am sorry for the way that doctor treated. I think you handled it well but that was pretty uncalled for IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a deep admiration for people who wear heels. I am much too clumsy. :) I left poor feedback for that doctor online but haven't heard anything back. Hopefully my primary doctor will be less entertaining!

      Delete
    2. I'm too clumsy for heels too! I used to be able to wear them but I've gotten even clumsier than ever!

      Delete
  2. Well I think you ARE a very fancy lady in that lovely ensemble and it is quite flattering to the female form. Always wear your invisible Crown, it will keep you feeling fancy and provide tons of Positive Energy! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I actually have a couple of tiaras and am working up to wearing them whenever I need a little extra fanciness. Or because it's Tuesday. Lol

      Delete
  3. Pfft. You're totally a fancy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great you and your sister have a lot in common. My only genetic sibling is very different. I think you do look fancy! Nice flowing dress and fancy necklace! It's terrible how doctors think that they can treat people like crap if they're big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger, I would have guessed that we'd be a lot more different than we are. I just wish we lived closer! This is the first doctor I've encountered who made an issue of my weight at all, albeit in a humorously unprofessional way. Most doctors just say "As I know you know, if you lost a little weight..." and leave it at that. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the mime doctor to share. :)

      Delete
  5. That doctor was ridiculous...UGH! You look great and I LOVE the necklaces you made, so talented!
    My mood booster is a good hair day. Hahahah! Tease, tease and hair spray. Ahhhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so envious of your big and teased hairstyles. They make me happy whenever I see them. :)

      Delete