Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wore: Operatic Bats

The whole bad lighting thing at work is getting to me. It's making me a little batty every time I try to take a picture of what I am wearing but I honestly have no idea how to get around it.  My apartment is seriously tiny and all I have is my phone camera.  I think, though, that if any other super plus size goth-y types come across this blog, they'll at least get an idea that we all can dress dark and still fit within corporate guidelines.

I snapped this silly moment when trying to figure out how to avoid the shadows on my face that I usually get. :)

Top: Torrid
Skirt: Jessica London
Operatic Stylings: Me
I don't usually post links to the things I wear because 1) most of the time they are old enough that they are no longer active on the website and 2) they'll probably disappear from the website so anyone going through older posts will end up with bad links.  I really do try to avoid the latter.

Since I was feeling a little batty today, I decided I needed to wear one of my batty bat pendants.  It also glows in the dark, which I never get to see at work but I like knowing that it'll glow if the lights go out or if I stick my head down shirt... which I may or may not have done just to see my necklace glow. :P

Glow In The Dark Bat pendant: Wish
My hand got cut off... in the top pic so you can't see my favorite bracelet.  I had lost the original about a month ago which me kind of sad because I wore it almost every day.  So I ordered a new one... and a back up to be on the safe side.  The snap pn the back is fairly secure but it must have gotten caught on something while we were running errands.

I only paid $2 total for it and I'm glad I got a back up because right now I don't see it listed on the site any more!

Bracelet: Wish
Ring: Amazon

That ring is actually my engagement ring. :)  I really wanted a red stone in a silver setting so we both looked online and kept narrowing it down and we found the exact one that we both loved.  On our wedding day, I am going to move it over to my right hand and wear just the band on my left.  It has a hart or white stag on either side of it which appealed to both of us.

From Amazon

There is a lot of legend and folk lore surrounding the white stag.  There are a lot of sites if you do the Google Fu on it but here's one of my favorites.


6 comments:

  1. It's well known that people take advantage of large restroom mirrors for outfit selfies. Building designers need to catch up with modern times and provide better lighting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... maybe I should contact the building maintenance team to fix it then. I mean, they should know better, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I have mobile phone and camera photo issues, too! It's hard to find good lighting. I currently balance my phone on the kitchen counter to take photos aghast the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried finding a place in the restroom to do that but no luck so far. I will not give up, though!

      Delete